Monday, July 28, 2008

Make a fist

The McCain campaign's latest ads sicken and worry me. It was no mere ill-tempered outburst when the old sourpuss alleged that his rival would be willing to lose a war to win an election, but the opening salvo of a carefully orchestrated campaign to portray Obama as worse than a flip-flopper, worse even than an opportunist who will say anything (even to those in his own party) to get elected - though they're alleging that, too. I sense the genius of the Republican machine at work. What they're pushing at is that he lacks seriousness, doesn't, y'know, know his place.
So maybe it's time to get some Obama gear. But that is more easily said than done. On democraticstuff.com I found all sorts of different styles, and opportunities to get myself in the picture too, well at least my name: this really can be our moment, his and mine! Gosh. Which to pick? Maybe the swell guy with a whole lot of hope could spare some hope for me.