Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer daze

Have I mentioned that I've been in California for the last week, chillin' with my parents? Every day hasn't been as summery as today, but the ocean is wonderful in every light. Tomorrow it's back to work of a sort - I'm off for five days at the annual meeting of the Association for Theater in Higher Education (ATHE) in Denver with C, my friend and coconspirator in last Fall's "Religion & Theater" class. Turns out there's a Religion and Theater working group within ATHE, so we're attending their preconference, and presenting a panel on the last day of the conference itself... shucks, that means I'll have to be there the whole time, doing one of my favorite things: slumming at other people's professional society conferences (in years past I've enjoyed AAS, AIS, AJS, APA, APSA). When I return to California, my sister and her family will have arrived from Australia, and it'll be time for heavy duty uncling!!