Tuesday, March 04, 2008

In the box

My dossiers are done - here are nine of the fifteen I had to assemble. Each folder contains a 25-page personal statement, a CV, fifty pages of syllabi and course materials, nearly 300 pages of published stuff, and some twenty pages of documents generated during curriculum discussions. Don't know who the fifteen suckers are who will have to (at least pretend to) read all this! In fact, since I barely remember what's going on in most of this mass of Mark-generated verbiage, I don't even know how sorry to feel for them. Glad I don't have to, I'll tell you that, though - assuming the review goes through - I'll soon be receiving folders like these for colleagues in the same situation. No rest for the wicked!

(Wasn't sure what to call this post: "This is your life"? "Signed, sealed, delivered"? "Sliced and diced"? "My fifteen folders of fame"? or "Bound for glory"?)