Sunday, February 03, 2008

3 degrees of separation to the winning touchdown

Believe it or not, I watched the Superbowl tonight. My friends J and A had to bribe me by feeding me their Gourmet-worthy hamburgers (I kid you not) and promising we wouldn't be watching so much as making fun of it, and I was permitted to watch all the ads. Even so, I didn't expect to stay through the dramatic ending - let alone to discover I was three degrees of separation away from Plaxico Burress, who made the New York Giants' second, and winning, touchdown. (The picture is courtesy of the New York Post.) It's not quite as charmingly it's-a-small-world-after-all as it at first sounds, though. Plaxico is the uncle of one of A's clients, and A is a lawyer for the Children's Law Center at the Brooklyn Family Court where the boy is at the center of an ugly custody battle.