Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Snow in July!

This, believe it or not, is the the street off which my sister lives! It is winter down there, of course, in that land I left not a fortnight ago but which now - especially seeing these wintry scenes! - feels like it's a planet of its own, spinning on a different orbit though around the same sun... If only I could hop a Space Shuttle and be there as my younger nephew discovers snow, the elder rediscovers it, and my sister sighs in relief, "it's so nice to have seasons again!"

I'm sore tempted to post the picture of my nephews bundled up and playing in the snow, but (as you'll have gathered) I won't trust the blogosphere with pictures or names of loved ones, especially theirs. (If you want to see the picture send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do.)